Sarah Houghton-Birrell and Associates Privacy and Data Protection Policy and Procedures
This page sets out how Sarah Houghton-Birrell and Associates uses and protects any information you provide.
Sarah Houghton-Birrell and Associates are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy and data protection policy.
This policy is effective from May 25th, 2018
What we collect with regard to courses we run
We may collect the following information with regard to courses we run:
- Your name and the name of any organisation you work for
- Your role e.g. parent or professional, if professional what your role is
- Your contact information including email address and phone number.
- For certificated courses we request your date of birth as a requirement of registration for certification and home address for delivery of certificates if you are not attached to an organisation
- Other information that is only relevant to your enjoyment of and accessibility requirements for courses e.g. dietary or accessibility requirements
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and also the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Contact details in case we need to contact you in relation to your participation in a course
- If you have directly requested to keep in touch with us about any future courses/services you may be interested in and provided us with your email address to do so. You can unsubscribe to these infrequent emails at any time with no questions asked by using the Contact form or by replying to the email which you have been sent with “Unsubscribe”
- We only store your information for as long as needed to provide you with the above services
Links to other websites
Our website may provide links to other websites or pages of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the website of the link therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy and data protection statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order that we prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe guard and secure the information we collect online or electronically. Electronically stored information is securely held on cloud-based storage and password protected technology only accessible by the Data Controller, Sarah Houghton-Birrell. All confidential hard copied material is kept in a secure, locked office in a locked cabinet. No one can accidentally access the information and it is available only to Sarah Houghton-Birrell. If information is carried from one location to another, this will be in an encrypted laptop, secure bag or other container. Any past client records are kept for seven years as described above.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold on you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which requires all organisations that process EU residents’ data to comply with its requirements. Please use the Contact form if you wish to request these. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please email as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you wish to have your details removed from our records, please contact us via the Contact form.
A full policy is available at http://ocncredit4learning.com